More people are hearing about Powerlifting benefits and max lifts for max results.
1. What’s all the buzz about Powerlifting?! Powerlifting is becoming increasingly popular, and it’s available right here in your community.
2. It checks all the boxes: strength, power, endurance, mobility, balance, and body composition, That is, fat versus muscle.
3. Quoting Dr. Jonathon Sullivan of GreySteel, “If I could get you under the barbell, I could change your life.” So here’s a doctor, an associate professor of medicine, prescribing barbell “dosing” for patients up to 92 years of age.
4. I know what you’re thinking… Barbell training is incredibly safe—it’s just standard human movement patterns on a stable surface, with predictable force in a progression. Barbells are exercise medicine with precision loading, carefully prescribed sets, repetitions, and frequencies.
5. It’s the Safest style of weight lifting Why? Because it requires proper form. Therefore, you are at low risk of injury. The strength you gain from Powerlifting protects you from injury.
6. It’s simple. There are only three lifts to learn and practice. Squat, bench press, and deadlift. That’s it. The whole body is involved in each of the three.
7. We know that resistance training increases your bone density, so powerlifting is max lifts for max results.
If you have heard much from me, you can gather that I’m a somewhat “older adult.” Would it surprise you to know that I boast 100% bone density? Since the first weight lifting gym in town went coed (1984), my favorite lifts remain the big three. Once you see and feel the quick results, you’re hooked. Now make no mistake. Powerlifting does require effort. It’s not a mindless walk on the treadmill, rather max lifts for max results. If you’re willing to do the work, you’ll gain the rewards.
8. Develop Full-Body Strength With precise form, each exercise is a full-body exercise enabling you to lift heavy objects in real life. That won’t happen with machine isolation training or sports conditioning.
9. And speaking of sports conditioning… Strength and power gains Improve Athletic Performance essential in sports. Particularly explosive power such as the vertical leap. Think about it, a squat is mechanically the same as a jump.
10. Build muscle because Muscle raises the metabolism and the immune system, plus it enhances the body’s aesthetics.
11. Only three basic lifts for maximum benefits are very time efficient.
12. It’s rewarding Setting goals and achieving progress along with the exercise endorphins will keep you on track with your fitness program. Results come quickly with Powerlifting so you’re motivated to keep training. It’s almost instant gratification!
13. Build self-confidence from seeing the results of your lifting efforts while building the belief in your ability to get your goals. You trust yourself that you’ll do what you say.
14. Practically everyone can do learn and make progress doing these lifts. You don’t have to be competition-ready to begin. Everybody started at some point. You can only get the benefits by doing the workouts.
15. Daily living skills are easier and…
16. It’s fun to be strong and men, women, boys, and girls can be strong and capable from low repetition, maximum effort weight lifting. Just remember that powerlifting benefits are max lifts for max results.